Thursday 13 April 2017

Corralejo Breakfast


The United Kingdom is leaving the European Union; so how do our health and safety standards compare with the Continent?

I took a photo of the seafront walk in Corralejo, Fuerteventura, this morning.

As you can observe, there is a precarious drop from this busy walkway.

Contrast this with, say, the exemplary Connswater Greenway Project, Belfast, which is very close to completion.

There are innumerable walls and railings running the entire length of the river Conn's Water.

Touché, what?

I've been coming to the Canary Island of Fuerteventura for about twenty years, specifically to Corralejo.

I enjoy the casual lifestyle and the fine beaches.

For breakfast I usually have a glass of fruit juice and a toasted sandwich comprising two slices of buttered wholmeal bread, a thin slice of cheese, honey, and a fried egg; with a sliced tomato.

I drink it all down with coffee.

Occasionally I vary the routine with some plain yoghurt, honey, fruits of the forest, muesli, bran, sultanas etc.

3 comments :

Handelian said...

You seem like a discerning chap. Any accommodation recommendations in Corralejo from your visits there?

Timothy Belmont said...

I'm afraid I cannot recommend any particular place, because it depends on several factors, including what sort of deal I get, the convenience.

I invariably check Tripadvisor to see what people say.

I often only require a base because I'm out and about so much.

My present accommodation suits quite well. It's central enough, near transport, varied breakfast included.

I might wriite a review on Tripadvisor.

Tim

Handelian said...

Thanks, I look forward to reading it.