Wednesday 22 June 2011

The PLACE Centre


I rode into Town this morning on the Proprietary Belmont Two-Wheeler. Parking it at Fountain Street, I made for the Linenhall Library, where I undertook a spot of research on Borris House and several others.

I  purchased a few items in Marks & Spencer's store, viz. Greek Style Yoghurt with Honey, Fruit Pastilles and Coleslaw.

However, on vacating the Library, my attention was caught by a diminutive premises adjacent to Boots the Chemist: PLACE, the Architecture and Built Environment Centre for Northern Ireland.
    


PLACE is an acronym for Planning, Landscape, Architecture, Community and Environment.

I had a lengthy chat with the receptionist, who explained their programme. They also have a good reference section (including C E B Brett's books), where visitors can peruse or, indeed, purchase, the books.

I must visit this "place" more often when I'm in Town. Sorry about the pun!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

I discovered PLACE a couple of years ago, on a work assignment. Yes, they do interesting work. My report: http://www.mrulster.org/2009/02/your-space-or-mine.html