Thursday 8 April 2010

A Levi Classic

Since it was slightly overcast this morning I decided to take a constitutional round the vicinity of my hotel.

I eventually arrived at the Levi Shop in a swanky arcade and on display I noticed pairs of classic Levi denims which looked remarkably similar to the twenty-eight-year-old ones I bought as a youth. They are a faded light blue colour with a button-fly. I smiled with satisfaction when I saw the price, €85.

I cannot have paid more than eighteen or twenty pounds for them; and still wear them to this very day occasionally. Indeed, I wore them the other night!

I have many clothes which are almost thirty years old and they still fit me.

The Lacoste polo shirts used to be a good buy here. Not any more. They seem to be dearer than in the UK in fact.

No comments :