Thursday 19 March 2009

Ventry Street Service

I left the two-seater off at Euro Auto Service in Ventry Street, Belfast, this morning for the fitment of a new ignition coil. Two down, four more to go! This is the second coil to wear out within twelve months, and the roadster has six.

Mind you, Bernard seems to be very good. He runs a tight ship in Ventry Street, with about four mechanics. He always shows you the faulty part when your car is ready. True to his word, the repair took an hour so; and having settled the £100 account I motored home. It was eleven-thirty, too early for lunch at Molly's Yard where I had intended to go.

While I awaited the repair, I walked into Town. I spent some time in the Belfast Welcome Centre at Donegall Place. On the way out there was a pile of Belfast Telegraph newspapers on the floor and they were complimentary, so I helped myself to one and the dreadful headlines about the tragic death of Natasha Richardson, wife of Liam Neeson, OBE.

No comments :