Sunday 15 March 2009

The Jalopy's Revenge


The two-seater has not taken kindly to its being traded-in in a few months' time. I started her this morning and, within seconds, I knew instantly that the same fault had emerged, the one which occurred almost a year ago: another ignition coil is faulty, causing the engine to misfire and a warning light illuminates on the dashboard.

Rectification was quite a costly affair a year ago, not to mention the time and trouble required. I'll give the garage a ring in the morning. It's really just a matter of figuring out which coil is faulty, unplugging it and replacing it with a new one. In theory.

The trouble is that I wouldn't know how to tell which coil is faulty. Then there's the little matter of the warning light; it had to be re-set the last time by some type of diagnostic instrument at a cost of £20. I drove to Lisburn to get that done, too.

No comments :