Sunday 31 August 2008

Georgiana, The Duchess Of Devonshire


It's a long time since I've gone to see a movie in the cinema. I've been waiting patiently, though I'm eager to go for a meal and movie at Victoria Square in Belfast; perhaps to Gourmet Burger Kitchen, followed by a trip to the new Odeon cinema.

One film has caught my eye: The Duchess. If it's one of those sentimental, romantic movies it may well not be entirely to my taste; nevertheless, It will doubtless be a plausible excuse to see the new cinema and have a meal out.

Lady Georgiana Spencer, an ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales, was the first wife of the 5th Duke of Devonshire. She was reputedly a great socialite in her day.

Incidentally, the film has been funded by the BBC and Pathé jointly; and one of the locations was Chatsworth, the palatial seat of the Dukes of Devonshire.

The film opens in cinemas on 5th September, 2008.

No comments :