Saturday 16 August 2008

A Coffee & A Cinnamon Please

This really is awfully dull weather we've been having. We've already had our summer, in May. This morning my aunt kindly picked us up and we all went into Holywood, County Down, for the customary coffee and a cinnamon scone at the Bay Tree.

It was fairly busy, though not overcrowded. We managed to get a large table easily enough. The Dowager felt faint and had one of her little "turns"; nevertheless, I'm glad to say, she rallied round soon after we got home.

I had my usual coffee and a cinnamon; the Dowager ordered tea and a cinnamon but left it; Pat and my aunt both had cappuccino coffee and cinnamon scones. I thought the scones were fine, though I didn't disagree with my aunt who felt that they were slightly dry - perhaps they'd been in the oven a minute too long. There was not a liberal enough amount of butter at any rate, so we asked the waitress to bring us more. Still, it was fine otherwise. The serviettes today were white and twice the size of the green variety a year or two ago! There are so many cafés in Holywood that there is a deal of competition. Keeps 'em on their toes, you know. The bill was £10.65.

My aunt had been to Café Kina earlier in the week and said she enjoyed the lunch there; I must try it some time.

This afternoon I've been de-cluttering one of our bedrooms. I have about four bin-bags to take to the dump for re-cycling next week.

No comments :