Thursday 13 March 2008

Amsterdam Trip: Day Two

It's a better day, weather-wise, today. After breakfast I strolled along the Dam and Rokin to the Amsterdam Dungeon. I really ought to have checked the opening times because it didn't open till eleven o'clock; so I walked back to the central railway station to check train times for Zaandam. Thence back to my inn to freshen up and dry my feet (having chosen the wrong pair of shoes for this trip).

I decided to return to the Amsterdam Dungeon and I had a discount voucher for five euros, so it cost fifteen euros. The dungeon seems to linked to Mme Tussaud's. It was all a bit of good, harmless theatre. I don't think I'd wish to revisit it.

I'll head back to my hotel now for a breather and a fruit snack; and to dry my shoes out again!

No comments :